Notes from Breakouts
Some notes from the discussion in break-out groups are posted below:
The round-up discussion led to some agreed actions:
- Everybody needs to advertise the SAS portal.
- Brian Pauw agreed to prepare a poster that would describe the content on the SAS portal that would be suitable for display at facilities and meetings.
- Adrian Rennie has agreed to post a list of papers describing scattering models used in SAS analysis that could be linked from the portal. This is now available from 5 June 2017 at: http://www.reflectometry.net/bkgd/SAS_Models.pdf
- Pete Jemian will liaise with organisers of SAS-2018 and try to arrange a canSAS prize or prizes for short video describing SAS methodology and experiments relevant to the canSAS outreach goals.
- Chris Tassone will start to prepare a list of case studies sorted by subject area for the portal.
- All people from facilities were asked to check that the information about beam lines and instruments linked from the SAS portal (http://www.nanonanonano.net/tmp/smallanglemap/facilities-list.html) is correct and up-to-date. Corrections and additions should be notified via the link on the page.
- Work with data formats now needs to emphasise the exploitation of the agreed n-dimensional format with development of software both to write data and to analyse data.
Previous activities from the information working group are documented at: http://www.cansas.org/wgwiki/index.php/Global_SAS_Portal_Working_Group