CanSAS-XII will be held in hybrid mode as a satellite workshop to SAS2022 in Campenas, Brazil on Monday 12th of September (6-8 pm). (NOTE In order to avoid overlapping with the poster session on monday, we are currently trying to move the meeting until Tuesday evening. We will update and notify asap.)
The primary purpose of this meeting is for the canSAS (collective action for nomadic Small-Angle Scatterers) community to check-in again after the last few years of limited contact, as well as to seed further discussion throughout the SAS conference in Campinas. We plan for a short workshop (2-3 hours), which will include brief updates on some of the major themes of CanSAS, with a short time for discussion. Current members as well as those who have not been involved with CanSAS before are more than welcome. This workshop should be a great opportunity to get a taster of what CanSAS is about.
The SAS2022 Conference will take place at the Royal Palm Hall Convention Center in Campinas-SP, Brazil. We will run this session in hybrid mode as well.
NOTE: Change of schedule in order to better accommodate hybrid speakers
Tuesday 13th September
Morning session (8:30-10 am Sao Paulo time):
- 8:30-8:40 am Introduction from the co-organisers
- 8:40-10:00 am Update presentations (6 speakers, 10-15 mins each including time for discussion)
Evening session (6-8 pm Sao Paulo time):
- 6:00-6:10 pm Introduction from the co-organisers
- 6:10-8:00 pm Parallel working groups (4-5 small groups), with an attempt at hybrid.
Presentations (10 min. each)
Speakers will be remote and in-person
1. Steven Parnell : SESANS
2. Wojciech Potrzebowski : resolution functions
3. Annika Stellhorn : magnetism SANS analysis
4. Tim Snow : multiprobe and multimodal analysis
5. Alex Hexamer : machine Learning for scattering
6. Dirk Honecker : time-of-flight/magnetism data reduction